The Greyfriars Townscape Heritage Initiative Launch
The Leicester Greyfriars launch event took place on the afternoon of 14th May 2015.
The Greyfriars launch event celebrated the successful bid to the National Lottery Heritage Fund for £1.1m funding to regenerate the city centre Greyfriars Conservation Area. The launch marked the beginning of the five-year grant giving scheme.
Local residents, businesses, property owners and anyone with an interest in heritage were invited to drop in to find out more, or to take part in activities on the day.
The event was held in the covered courtyard space of a now defunct shoe factory on Millstone Lane.
- An opportunity to meet the THI project team and find out more about community activities and training.
- Walking tours by Leicester Civic Society.
- A 3D modelling display by the Digital Building Heritage Group at De Montfort University.
- A display of medieval ceramics by the University of Leicester.
- A pop-up cinema showing short films by local people, organised by Wotbox participation.
- ‘Give it a go’ sessions in lime repointing.