The aims of the scheme were to;
- make the historic centre of the city more attractive
- stimulate economic growth
- help people value Leicester’s historic development
- increase participation in preserving and communicating Leicester’s historic environment
- improve skills in the heritage sector.
Between 2014 and March 2020, the scheme delivered multiple projects including historic building restoration, bringing vacant space back into use, street improvements, community events and training courses.
The purpose of this website is to provide a record of the work undertaken as part of the THI and to celebrate the fascinating history of the Greyfriars Conservation Area.