The aims of the scheme were to;
- make the historic centre of the city more attractive
- stimulate economic growth
- help people value Leicester’s historic development
- increase participation in preserving and communicating Leicester’s historic environment
- improve skills in the heritage sector.
Between 2014 and 2020, the scheme delivered multiple projects including historic building restoration, bringing vacant space back into use, street improvements, community events and training courses.
The purpose of this website is to provide a record of the work undertaken as part of the THI and to celebrate the fascinating history of the Greyfriars Conservation Area.
Explore the Greyfriars Area of Leicester
The Project was managed by Sophie Noon, Jenny Timothy and Justin Webber (Leicester City Council).
The Grants Panel members were: Cllr Adam Clarke, Nils Feldmann, Catherine Laughton, Richard Gill, Elizabeth Blood and Greg Pollard.
The Board members were: Cllr Adam Clarke, Jonathan Kerry, Stuart Bailey, Peter Jones, Anne Provan, Chris Shaw, Tina Barton, Dr Douglas Cawthorne and Dr Emma Dwyer.